Are Oriental cockroaches dangerous?
Cockroaches are dangerous to people’s health, and the oriental cockroach is no exception. Before infiltrating your home, these pests were likely in the sewer, garbage piles, or one of the countless other less than sanitary places they frequent.
Oriental cockroaches contaminate food and surfaces and spread bacteria, human pathogens, and parasites that can cause illness in people. Gastrointestinal illnesses are a common result of a cockroach infestation.
The shed skins and excrement that cockroaches leave behind in our homes will trigger allergies and respiratory problems, including asthma attacks.
Why do I have an Oriental cockroach problem?
Oriental cockroaches move into our homes because they provide them with the things they are looking for food, water, and a safe, comfortable environment.
These cockroaches can and do live outside, but when the temperature becomes too hot, or there is a lack of food and water, they move indoors to be more comfortable. Common entry points for oriental cockroaches include gaps under doors, pipes, ducts, drains, and cracks in the foundation.
Where will I find Oriental cockroaches?
When in our homes, oriental cockroaches will naturally migrate to areas that meet their high moisture requirements. Our home’s basements, crawl spaces, kitchens, and bathrooms provide a place where oriental cockroaches can feel right at home. Homeowners often discover these pests after seeing them crawling around sinks, toilets, bathtubs, pipes, and floor drains.
How do I get rid of Oriental cockroaches?
Dedicated to providing our residential and commercial customers with effective pest control solutions, Evolve Pest Control will solve all of your Texas, Nevada, and St. George, Utah property’s cockroach problems.
Our trained and experienced service technicians perform thorough inspections and advanced treatments to eliminate oriental cockroaches and other pests and prevent them from returning.
We understand how stressful problems with cockroaches can be, and our goal is to offer our customers high-quality services that are trustworthy, affordable, and eco-friendly. To request your free quote and get started with your service, contact Evolve Pest Control today!
How can I prevent Oriental cockroaches in the future?
In addition to our professional oriental cockroach control services, the following tips will help to keep cockroaches off your property:
- These cockroaches have particularly high moisture needs. Repair leaky pipes and drippings air conditioners, keep downspouts clear of debris, and make sure your home is well-ventilated.
- Repair leaking tubs and sinks.
- Always keep lids on trash cans located inside or outside of your home.
- Maintain a clean kitchen.
- Regularly vacuum your home and wipe down tables and counters that can collect crumbs.
- Inspect your home’s exterior looking for entry points such as gaps under doors, cracks in the foundation, loose or torn screens, or spaces around pipes or wires that enter your home.
- Place covers over drains and vents leading into your home.