What are field mice?
Field mice, is a general term for various types of small mice and voles that are commonly found in grassy fields, meadows, and agricultural areas. Most species that are considered “field mice” have compact bodies, short tails, and small ears. They are typically brown or gray in color, blending in with their natural surroundings.
Are field mice dangerous?
While field mice are generally considered nuisance pests, they can cause damage to property and pose certain risks. They are known to gnaw on various materials, including wires, insulation, and vegetation. Field mice can also contaminate stored food supplies and carry diseases, such as hantavirus, which can be transmitted to humans through contact with their droppings or urine.
Why do I have a field mouse problem?
Field mice are attracted to areas that provide food, shelter, and nesting opportunities. They often seek out environments with abundant vegetation and ground cover. If your property has tall grass, dense vegetation, or easily accessible food sources like bird feeders or garden crops, field mice may be drawn to these favorable conditions and establish nests.
How do I get rid of field mice?
Dedicated to providing our residential and commercial customers with effective pest control solutions, Evolve Pest Control will solve all of your Texas, Nevada, and St. George, UT property’s pest problems, including field mice. Our trained and experienced service technicians perform thorough inspections and advanced treatments specifically designed for rodent control.
We employ safe and targeted methods to eliminate field mice populations and prevent their return. Our goal is to offer our customers high-quality services that are affordable and eco-friendly, helping them maintain a pest-free home or business. To request your free quote and get started with your field mouse control service, contact Evolve Pest Control today!
How can I prevent field mice in the future?
Here are preventive measures you can take to minimize the risk of infestations:
- Inspect your property for any gaps or openings, including cracks in walls, gaps around windows and doors, or openings in the foundation. Seal these entry points to prevent field mice from gaining access.
- Keep your property well-maintained, reducing clutter, and clearing away debris where field mice can seek shelter. Trim vegetation near structures and mow tall grass to eliminate hiding spots.
- Store food in airtight containers, including pet food, birdseed, and garden produce. Keep outdoor garbage bins tightly sealed, and clean up any spilled food promptly.
- Regularly clean up fallen fruits, nuts, and debris from your yard. Ensure proper sanitation by promptly removing pet waste.
- Partner with Evolve Pest Control to rodent proof your home and keep these pesky critters out of your house.